Sr Material Handler
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
How will you make an impact?
We want enthusiastic, conscientious, hard-working, standout colleagues that will make a difference for our customers and fellow colleagues every day. The impact you will have could be anything from delivering products that help a scientist discover a cure for cancer to helping a nurse care for a patient effectively because they have the right equipment.
A Day in the Life:
- Process customer orders daily to meet their expectations ensuring team are working safely and following all GxP requirements
- Working a rotating 7 day a week shift pattern, you will be responsible for the receiving, packaging, shipping of life saving products to support critically ill patients across the world. In addition, inventory Control, and other specialty topics like hazardous material handling will also be required
- Infrequent overtime work may be required, therefore the candidate should be willing to attend site, out of hours, in the case of emergency or unplanned work requirement.
- Support team supervisor and deputise in their absence.
- Subject Matter Authority, training others in standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Work with your team to make sure everyone has a magical experience working at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Keys to Success:
- Secondary education, with a good grasp of the English language, (both written and verbal), and strong arithmetic skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area and volume.
- IT literate -Preferably Microsoft Office
- 3+ years of general warehouse experience.
- Packaging of pharmaceutical products
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities with tangible benefits being delivered
- Experience with powered industrial trucks (order pickers).
- Experience handling hazardous materials is a plus.
- Experience with computers and scanning equipment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to stand and move about the warehouse for significant periods of time (involving walking, stooping, bending, and reaching) required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Desire to work as part of a team, but also able to work independently and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to lead, with a desire to self develop while supporting and mentoring those around you
- Ability to work in cold temperature environments
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs, and push up to 70 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally.
We offer competitive salary, an annual incentive bonus plan, and a range of other employee benefits!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV and Motivation Letter including possible start date and salary expectations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and support to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status