Sr Site Specialist - Supply Chain& Customer Service
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
Unity Lab Services provides a single source for integrated lab service, support, and supply management. Our customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer’s laboratory's business needs. For our newly acquired business, we are looking for a full time:
Sr. Site Specialist – Supply Chain and Customer Service
You as Sr. Site Specialist will work on behalf of Thermofisher Scientific on our customer site Kite Pharma in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. Within your role, you are responsible for mainly operational duties in stockrooms at Kite Pharma. Your work is existing out of material handling, shipping/receiving, administrative duties (like reporting) and joining customer meetings related to the supply chain process. In addition, as a real logistician, you will be encouraged to engage in small projects, process evaluations and process improvements related to supply chain and customer service. As representative from Thermofisher Scientific, it’s encouraged that you build a strong relationship with our customer Kite Pharma.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, systematic replenishments, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Perform customer service activities which may include order entry, expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders, vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, driving 3rd party & agent buys.
- Support in improving our supply chain processes.
- Engage in customer meetings & establish relationships with your internal partners.
- Glassware washing in a laboratory setting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- You are working in a fast-growing business, with good (career) opportunities for the future.
- You are challenged to make the difference.
- You are part of a strong, motivated team of customer service & supply chain professionals.
- You are working on various tasks – physical & administrative work at the customer site Kite Pharma.
Keys to success:
- Associate degree (Netherlands: MBO niveau 3/4).
- A degree and/or certificate in warehousing and logistics is a bonus.
- Experience in logistics operations and warehousing is strongly preferred.
- Having a certificate to work with warehouse equipment, of willing to gain certification.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Validated customer service skills and ability to handle a wide range of various duties – physical work and administrative tasks.
- Result driven, detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Proficient level of English and Dutch. Both languages are a hard requirement.
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Friendly, self-motivated & customer minded.