Sr Test Technician
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Challenge + Position
In this role you will act as a tool-owner and make sure that a customer-order specific transmission electron microscope is aligned and build according to the customer requirements. You will be responsible for all levels of integration of modules on tool level for our transmission electron microscope platform. You will have the first level of responsibility to tackle any problems on module or system level and will involve other partners, like Operations Engineering or R&D. We're open for candidates with experience in similar roles and fresh graduates that want to make a first career step. You need to be driven by technical challenges and like to work in a cleanroom environment. Our TEM microscopes take 9-12 months to build, align and test before they can be shipped out of our factory.
Specific responsibilities are:
• Integration of modules and testing of complete High End TEM microscopes
• Performing activities based on test protocols.
• Delivery on time of modules and High End TEM microscopes with the right quality
• Working on improvements of products and related processes
• Middle technical education (MBO)with at least 2 years of working experience or a bachelor’s degree (HBO) graduate in any technical domain, preferably mechanics, mechatronics, systems & control, electronics or applied physics.
• Knowledge of mechanical and/or electronical engineering
• Able to do analyses and interpretations of physics, mechanics and software technical data
• Preferably experience with and control of a high-tech system or shown interest via education and hobbies in technical challenges.
• Good communicating skills (in writing and verbal) in English. Dutch is a plus
The successful candidate will possess the following proficiencies:
- Attention to detail
- Systematic Problem Solving (product documentation, flowcharts, drawings)
- Can take initiative, is flexible and wants to take ownership
- Self sufficient
- Flexibility towards changes, with a positive work attitude
- Driven by hands on work
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Of course, we all know a list of job requirements is like a wish list. You list the highest priorities on top, but you know you can be surprised with items you didn’t think of yourself. The same goes for this position. Are you certain you are the ideal candidate, but you do not match every part of the requirements? We are excited to get to know you and to discuss a possible fit.
- Direct contract with Thermo Fisher Scientific with a competitive salary, 13th month, holiday allowance and annual incentive bonus
- A flexible working hours arrangement
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a growing global employer
- Training and courses available via our Thermo Fisher University to continuously develop yourself
- Collaborative work in an international environment
- Strong Team Spirit and many company and team activities
- Very attractive 40 holidays a year
- This is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time is an option in case you’re available for at least 32 hours.
We welcome candidates that enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, groundbreaking technology environment where personal development and team cooperation are key to success, to make the impossible à possible for our customers.
Diversity in our teams is an important element to build an effective and challenging working environment. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement are key values that we expect of all that are part of our community.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.