Staff Program Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $39 billion and approximately 130,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, enable semiconductor process validation, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market, and increase laboratory productivity.
When your part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do ambitious work that values performance, quality, and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With the largest investment in R&D (Research & Development) in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Division / Product Specific Info
As part of the R&D organization, The Global Digital group is committed to bring value-adding and groundbreaking software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. Global Digital covers all software created in the MSD-EM related sites, globally over the world. Main R&D sites can be found in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US), Brno (Czech Republic). The Global Digital group is responsible for the complete software stack, from fpga to embedded and application software.
TEM software team ~450 engineers and is in charge of the development of full software stack for Transmission Electron Microscopes. This software offers solutions to our life sciences, material sciences and semiconductors customers, by providing dedicated workflows. Examples are automated tomography or single particle acquisition (EPU) and our dedicated semiconductors solution for e.g. automated metrology/ measure critical dimensions on semiconductor devices.
We are looking for a hardworking Software Program Manager for our R&D team in Eindhoven that develops best Transmission Electron Microscopes in the world.
SW Program Manager within the Digital TEM group is a self-propelling role, working as a part of the leadership of software Agile Release Train (ART), typically 60-120 engineers in multiple geographical areas. In this role, you will have a profound impact on ART execution and priorities.
This role is the key link between the software development and other R&D fields. SW Program Management is responsible for operational output of the ART, i.e., continuous buildup of value in the most optimal way. This mandates collaboration with adjacent departments which either directly contribute to the value stream or are connected to it.
While Product Management is owning definition of desirable, viable and feasible product, Program Management optimizes value delivery over time within existing budget boundaries. While doing so it also provides transparency (inside and outside ART) by maintaining forecast regarding what / when is expected.
Expected Qualifications and skills include ability to lead and empower people, encourage collaboration, communicate effectively with senior management, prioritize and negotiate.
You will report to the Director SW.
As a SW Program Manger your duties and responsibilities are :
- Continuously align program priorities and progress with Product Manager, Product Owners and managers of system projects
- Lead ART, as a peer to Product Manager, Release Train Engineer and ART Architect, in line with overall R&D priorities
- Create transparency, i.e. in collaboration with SCRUM teams maintain longer term predictions regarding expected ART value delivery over multiple program increments
- Promote Agile mentality, simplify ways of working, results over process
- Preparation and participation in Program Increment planning and System Demo
- ART budget
- Proactively align current and future ART capacity and competency with SW group management
- Build trust and visibility by regularly demoing progress and plan
- Confirmed experience as a Product Owner or Project Manager in a multi-team and multi-disciplinary environment
- High level knowledge of both Agile methodologies as well as traditional project management
- Multiple years of experience in R&D roles
- High interest and motivation to work in high tech, scientific domain
- Eager to learn TEM domain specific knowledge including control and application software
- Fluent in English
When your experience meets the following criteria, this would give you an advantage.
- Experience working with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience in multi-cultural environments
- Experience with combined SW and HW development
- Physics or microscopy background
- Leadership, decisiveness, and ability to influence your partners (influence without authority)
- Can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration across functional groups and multisite development
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting, and acting according to priorities; big-picture overview
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
You have valid passport and able to travel in Europe and the US
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 130,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific , where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Does this sound like something you are interested in?
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Applications will be reviewed constantly and the position will be filled once we find the suitable team member.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.