The EDC is looking for a Supervisor Distribution
Job and Position Context
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
The EDC in Bleiswijk is the main European Distribution Center in Europe, shipping to customers in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Inventory is received from manufacturing sites and suppliers from all over the world. The site is ISO9001 and GDP certified, and a ThermoFisher Zero Waste site.
The Supervisor Distribution will be leading the team members in 1 or more outbound processes, the day-to-day operation, and their cooperation with other teams in- and outside of the EDC.
The supervisor understands all processes within their specialization(s) to a level that they can assist in the daily operation where needed. On top of that, their main responsibilities will be:
- Driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Coordinates personnel and resource planning throughout the department ensuring outstanding safety, quality and service levels are consistently delivered.
- Monitors performance of the team daily; directing, coaching, mentoring, and supporting individual team members as the need arises.
- Leads the troubleshooting of issues using lean methodology, in a calm and professional manner, providing clear, concise, and appropriate feedback to site leadership and the business.
- Providing leadership to their team members by leading through change, cultivating relationships, guiding towards meeting organizational goals while also achieving their personal goals.
- Promoting a high quality and PPI culture and activities.
- Building an effective team that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of new team members.
- Having regular 1-1 meetings and PMD conversations with all direct reports, empowering them to develop.
- Promoting excellent cooperation with other teams.
- Handling any critical issues related to their specialization(s).
- Keeping work instructions and training records for their team up to date
- Creating and maintaining metrics and performance reports for management where applicable.
- Leading tier meeting to discuss results and planning.
- Replacing their manager during absence.
Knowledge and educational level
Minimum of MBO-4 or HBO level, either by education or by relevant work experience.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, esp. Outlook and Excel.
Languages: Good English and Dutch, both verbal and written.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a supervisor or equivalent position.
Experience in people management is required. (span of control 25+ FTE).
A strong sense of ownership and accountability.
Good leadership capabilities, ability to motivate, train, inspire and convince others.
Analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a keen eye for details
Pro-active attitude to continuous improvement, embracing change.