As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
How will you make an impact?
We want enthusiastic, conscientious, hard-working, standout colleagues that will make a difference for our customers and fellow colleagues every day. The impact you will have could be anything from delivering products that help a scientist discover a cure for cancer to helping a nurse care for a patient effectively because they have the right equipment.
A Day in the Life:
- Coordinates personnel and resource planning throughout the department ensuring outstanding safety, quality and service levels are consistently delivered
- Monitors performance of the team daily; directing, coaching, mentoring and supporting individual team members as the need arises.
- Leads the troubleshooting of issues using lean methodology, in a calm and professional manner, providing clear, concise and appropriate feedback to site leadership and the business.
- Deputises for Operations Management when required and will be the main point of contact for operations team, supporting Quality during client/ regulatory audits
- Working Monday to Friday on a 2 shift pattern rotating weekly between 6 am- 2 pm and 2 pm-10 pm, you will manage a team who are responsible for receiving, packaging, shipping of life saving products to support critically ill patients across the world. In addition, inventory Control, and other specialty topics like hazardous material handling will also be required
- Infrequent overtime work may be required, therefore the candidate should be willing to attend site, out of hours, in the case of emergency or unplanned work requirement.
- Subject Matter Authority on operations processes and procedures. The candidate will collaborate closely regularly with Client Services and Quality ensuring a Gold Standard service for our clients.
- Work with your team to make sure everyone has a magical experience working at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Keys to Success:
- Preferably Educated to degree level within a science or engineering field, although relevant operational experience will be considered without this
- IT proficient across the full Microsoft Office suite
- Strong background in continuous improvement with proven experience in Lean methodology
- Demonstrated ability of successfully building then managing a high performing work team
- People leader with a passion for developing self and others
- Batch manufacturing and/or packaging experience within technical or scientific field preferred, as is GxP experience
- Strong background in continuous improvement with proven experience in Lean Six Sigma
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to stand and move about the warehouse for significant periods of time (involving walking, stooping, bending, and reaching) required.
- An excellent leader, taking accountability for decisions, team output and departmental performance
- Natural proactive approach, with a drive to mentor and lead others to meet both team and individual targets.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills; able to lead, train and support others. Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organisation
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail; lives the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I core values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and involvement
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs and push up to 70 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally.
We offer competitive salary, an annual incentive bonus plan, and a range of other employee benefits!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV and Motivation Letter including possible start date and salary expectations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and support to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.