When you’re part of ThermoFisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
This role is based at our Tilburg, The Netherlands site of PSG.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced, and resourceful Quality Control Supervisor for our Laboratory Services group within the analytical group to develop, implement, maintain, and be responsible for the activities of the Quality function. The Quality Supervisor will help establish, maintain, and strengthen the Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes to ensure compliance of product and systems to customer and regulatory requirements.
This position will lead a team of analytical chemists to support the release of Finished products, validation and troubleshooting activities for equipment and support improvements within the Quality Control Department.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support to the analytical Quality control team.
- Provide Quality leadership by developing and empowering staff, encouraging relationships, putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organization goals.
- Mentor and train Quality team to provide the best possible service through effective communication, scientific leadership, and problem solving.
- Lead a culture of quality awareness, teamwork, and compliance.
- Engage in daily oversight and guidance of problem requests, complaint records, corrective and preventive actions, and change controls to drive on time and scientifically sound closure.
- Responsible for creation, management, and adherence to Quality procedures.
- Drive operational performance by identification, monitoring, and trending of quality metrics.
- Enables good working relationships with all business partners.
- Collaborate across functions to troubleshoot challenges with the quality department.
- Provide guidance and direction to ensure GMP compliance.
How will you get here?
- A Bachelor's in science field (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) is required. Master's Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry will be preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years proven experience in an analytical chemistry environment. Experience in Analytical chemistry industry is preferred.
- Experience in quality control environment.
- At least one year of experience in managing a team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of analytical chemistry, particularly in troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to think critically and innovatively combined with willingness to challenge
- Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting and solving complex issues.
- A strong understanding of the regulatory and compliance requirements for analytical methods and specifications. Experience in working with GMP.
- Excellent technical writing skills and verbal communication.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and engage with employees and customers at all levels.
- Adopt and participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvement) initiatives to identify improvements and cost saving to the business.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus
- Contributory Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- Career Development
- Free onsite parking
- Additional optional benefits you can choose to suit you!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at ThermoFisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
ThermoFisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.