SW Product Owner
About the job
Transmission electronic microscopes are very sophisticated laboratory instruments widely used today. Platform Software is essential to exploit all the potential of these microscopes, pushing the limits of current physical technologies. These tools and our software applications are used by scientists and engineers in life science, material sciences and semiconductor industry, indirectly affecting our life in many aspects. By contributing into this platform software, you might help developing better vaccines, new lighter and stronger materials, or more efficient semiconductors.
Get more insights on our High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscope workflow domains via these links. These sophisticated tools are being developed, market and manufactured in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, where this role is also positioned.
- Site Impression MSD Eindhoven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=mHAOae3AMPc
- Impression of SW engineering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Blzs0foCQqc
Location & division team
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Product Owner for the Image, Detectors and Acquisition IA&D SW development area in Eindhoven, Netherlands. The selected candidate will be part one of the Agile teams in the Life Sciences Agile Release Train (ART).
As Software Product Owner, you will focus on the product backlog of the team that works in the development of software for the operation of our next generation of direct electron cameras. These devices are the ideal solution for microscopy applications in the life science domain such as particle analysis and cryo-tomography.
How will you make an impact?
As Software Product Owner you will be the key link between your software development team on the one hand, and the Product Manager and customers, on the other hand. Your responsibilities include being the owner of the product backlog of your Agile team, being in the lead for shaping the vision for the product, collaborating with the Product Manager to craft a roadmap that tracks and visually represents execution and progress toward established milestones. Your main goal: Maximizing the value that your team delivers to the customers.
If you have passion for Agile software development for a high-end technology, and want to help teams deliver value to customers, we encourage you to make use of this opportunity to join our SW team.
This will get you get there
Among your qualifications and skills, you must show ability to lead and empower people, encourage collaboration, communicate effectively with senior management, and drive the creation of products in a lean and agile way with our customer and business in mind. You will report to the Software Manager in the Life Sciences domain.
The following criteria will give you an advantage
- You have experience working in a technical Agile development environment and as Software Product Owner.
- You have experience working with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- You have experience in multi-cultural environments.
- You get energy from creating roadmaps and defining a vision for your team.
- You are passionate about value delivery.
- You are interests and motivated to work in a high-tech and scientific domain.
- You are proficient in English and have strong communications skills, both in oral and written
- You can set clear boundaries to the scope of your work,
- You know how to say NO if needed to secure value delivery.
- You can defend your position and negotiate it with customers when vital.
- Able to present, elaborate and defend ideas and positions.
- Likes to organize but also challenge things and ideas to get better results.
- Able to inspire and motivate changes and create consensus in others.
- Able to focus on the relevant information and extract valuable high-level content from technical conversations.
- Able to coordinate actions to get things done in a timely manner.
- Strives for and gets energy from working in and within a team.
What We Offer You
Apart from strong benefits and salary conditions. We encourage candidates that enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, innovative technology environment where personal development and team partnership are key to success, making the impossible possible!
Diversity is an important element to build an effective and challenging working environment. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement are key characteristics that we expect from our colleagues.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process.