System Team/Release Product Owner Electron Microscopes
System Team PO / Release PO
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
Our sophisticated Microscopes enable pioneering research to improve domains like the design of better vaccines, new lighter and stronger materials and more efficient semiconductors.
Did you know that this technology enables and support Nobel Prize-winning cryo-EM research and played a meaningful role in the early assessment of COVID19?
We are looking for a System Team Product Owner in our Global TEM Software Integration and Test group. Would you like to accept a change and join a new team in a well-established international company? Would you be willing to take over the responsibility for accelerating the ART’s velocity and enable them to release fast and on-demand?
The System Team PO ensures that the output of many distributed agile development teams result in a working software product that controls our advanced electron microscopes.
The System Team PO combines team lead activities with hands-on practices related to software integration, release management and end to end testing. This implies frequent alignment with the software development community (software developers/architects, integration engineers and the configuration management team) as well as other disciplines within the organization (like operations engineering and the service organization) to ensure efficient and timely integration of the developed components which fulfills the quality standards of our stakeholders.
The assignment is a mixture of the following activities:
· Manage the system team’s activities and maximize the value of their work.
· Define and coordinate execution of improvements activities for the build and integration process.
· Create transparency on the integration status of the software as well as on the overall quality.
· Align scope as well as timing for component integration.
· Identify and follow-up on opportunities to improve the integration and test strategy.
· Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on incoming escalations from operations as well as from field support and assure proper follow-up.
· Analyze integration impact of new (versions of) software components provided by development teams and third-party suppliers.
· Coordinate dependencies with other POs, own the team review and demo.
· Maintain the sprint backlog, write detailed stories and acceptance criteria.
· Agile mindset.
· Team player with strong communication skills.
· Affinity with complex software architectures on a software designer level.
· Affinity with software engineering principles (OO) as well as programming languages (C++, C# and/or Python).
· Ability to maintain the high-level overview of a complete software product.
· Ability to solve issues in a complex software domain.
· Ability to identify issues / bottlenecks in the infrastructure domain (build and test environment).
The successful candidate will typically possess a BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical discipline. Experience as team lead, product owner or delivery lead in large software engineering projects.
Opportunity to become a part of successful international company specialized in Hi-Tech industry,
Possibility to grow in personal skills and professionally.
· Work with us and be an important part of a company developing cutting-edge technologies for scientific customers worldwide.
· Specific training's for your new role that are designed by your manager. You don't have to worry about learning things without any support!
· Flexible working hours to better balance your personal life. 25 days of vacation and 3 sick days/year.
· Option for partial home office (1 to 2 days per week) after probation period.
· We have modern work environment including relax zones, power yoga lectures, gym, outside playground and massages in the building. In the company canteen there is always fresh fruit and vegetable for free.
· Each colleague is a part of an open company culture. We have company rock band, you can join Dragon boats team, Ice hockey team, or enjoy with us many other sport and social activities.
· Brand-new Hacker space room equipped with VR headset, Recording studio for your videos, music or podcasts, Lego Mind storms, 3D printer, Arduino and much more.
· Great working equipment: notebook of high quality, company phone and two monitors are our standard, further office equipment based on personal preferences.
· Financial benefits - annual bonus, meal allowance, pension insurance allowance.
· Further employee benefits - mobile tariff for you and family members for great prices, free Multisport card, possibility of life or health insurance for better prices.
Location/Division Specific Information
Work location is Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.