Talent Community: Application Scientists - Electron Microscopy
About our Team:
The EMEA NanoPort team, within the Sales and Service Division (SSD), runs a state-of-the-art Electron Microscopy Centre of Excellence, supporting account managers and external Thermo Fisher Scientific customers in the Sciences and Industry markets. Key goals of the NanoPort team are to deliver high-quality Customer Applications Training and Support, and to conduct carefully prepared Product and Workflow Demonstrations.
For more information please visit:
What does it mean for you?
By joining our Talent Community, it means that when there is an open opportunity in your specific area, we will be able to get in touch based on your experience and skills.
We will carefully review all applications based on your experience and field of interest. We will contact you when an opportunity arises to let you know about any role matching your profile and professional aspirations!
Please apply with documentation in English, stating your field of interest, with a CV and a covering letter or a portfolio showcasing your Electron Microscopy experience.
Please also specify if you have language skills in: German/French/Spanish
What areas of expertise are we looking for?
If you have a background working with Transmission Electron Microscopes, Scanning Electron Microscopes, or Dual Beam/Focused Ion Beam Technology and are familiar in one of those scientific areas – we are looking for you:
- Life Sciences (Cell and Structural Biology)
- Material Science (Metals, Alloys, Composites, Ceramics)
- Semiconductor (Metrology and Failure Analysis)
How will you make an impact in our team?
Application Scientists work closely with top specialists at leading research institutes and innovative technology adopters in academia and industry, ensuring that our customers are successful in acquiring optimal results from their instruments! This role is part of a team of highly skilled Application Specialists and requires readiness to travel within the assigned territory.
The Application Scientists also serve as ambassadors for Thermo Scientific at the customer location. Operating at the cutting edge of science and nanotechnology, the Application Scientists are responsible for advanced customer trainings and the (scientific) results achieved, as well as for providing the customer with an efficient inroad into Thermo Fisher Scientific.
How does this translate into specific tasks?
- Perform product and workflow demonstrations, sample analysis, and data processing, based on a solid understanding of our customers’ application needs
- Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
- Support users to obtain the best possible results from their instruments in the shortest possible time
- Provide application support for new product developments, contributions to manuals and application notes
- Provide experimental research to advance applications knowledge, presentations at workshops or conferences and scientific publications
- Facilitate microscope acceptance in the production facility and support installation and acceptance process at customer sites
- Provide feedback and input to R&D (Research & Development) and Product Management by testing and evaluating new products, software, and accessories
How will you get there?
If you have:
- An advanced degree (MSc, PhD) in area relevant for the supported instrumentation and application
- Firsthand or extended experience with that instrumentation and applications in (academia or industry)
- Additional knowledge and skills to support data processing in the relevant area of expertise or group of instrumentation mentioned above
- Proven ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Confident, determined, and people-oriented personality
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in English
- Willingness to frequently travel (40-60 %) both domestic and international
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 130,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Does this sound like something you are interested in?
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
This is an application to join our talent community platform, and your application will be reviewed continuously, however, we will only be able to contact you once a role is available for which your profile is suitable.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.