About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, increasing efficiency in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacturer of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our globally distributed team exceeding 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .
The Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support a broad range of high-performance microscopy and spectroscopy workflows on wafers and single chips that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. We combine hardware and software expertise in electron and ion microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our worldwide Electron Microscopy colleagues are dedicated to our customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
How will you make an impact?
As an Operations Engineer, you will be part of a passionate and hardworking team in Eindhoven working with our ground-breaking Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM). Our TEM technology enables and supports Nobel Prize-winning research and played a significant role in the early assessment of COVID19. The impact of your work is visible, and you will actively chip in to the latest breakthroughs in Science!
A high-end TEM system comprises of several sophisticated modules enabling the high-resolution imaging and numerous other applications. This position within Operations Engineering (Deliver Beam and Optics) will play a key role to sustain the electron beam technology manufacturing according to the company’s product roadmap. A proven background in (Applied) Physics in combination with a passion for innovative technology and demeanor to accept challenges are the key virtues to make this role a success. This role will allow you to be at the pivotal position within the organization. You will not only be supporting the manufacturing but also work cross-functionally with R&D, Service, Logistics, Product Lifecycle Management, Quality, Sourcing and Supply Chain partners.
What will you do?
- Providing technical support to the factory ensuring that Thermo Fisher is capable of shipping high quality systems timely to its customers
- Supporting factory and field service engineers with the first builds, installs and upgrades of newly introduced systems and modules to ensure accurate working order
- Solving sophisticated problems and ensuring system specifications are met
- Supporting or leading NPI projects according to Product Management Process (PMP) and multi-functional Operations improvement projects
- Crafting and maintaining work instructions and defining way of working (factory process flow)
- Performing hands-on assembly, testing, troubleshooting, and training of personnel as required
- Working in close collaboration with the suppliers to tackle technical/quality issues and supporting the introduction of new parts and modules from suppliers into manufacturing
- Submitting or implementing engineering changes to improve quality, manufacturability, costs of components/modules.
How will you get there?
- Demonstrable experience in the field of Engineering (in a manufacturing environment); Knowledge and/or experience with electron microscopy is a huge plus
- A degree in a technical field such as Engineering or Physics is required, or a combination of engineering education and meaningful work experience that demonstrates required skills
- Experience in project management
- Ability to cope with the dynamics in a manufacturing environment
- Be able to create technical user documentation and engineering reports
- Knowledge about Statistical engineering would be advantageous
- Experience in high tech industry and working in cleanroom environment
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and in writing), Dutch is a huge plus
- Be a collaborative teammate with pragmatic and goal oriented approach
Of course, we all know a list of job requirements is like a wish list. Are you the ideal candidate, but you do not match all requirements? We are happy to get to know you and to discuss a possible fit.
- Direct contract with Thermo Fisher Scientific with a competitive salary, 13th month, holiday allowance and annual incentive bonus
- Very attractive 40 holidays a year
- A flexible working hours arrangement
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a growing global employer
- Training and courses available via our Thermo Fisher University to continuously develop yourself
- Collaborative work in an international environment
- Strong Team Spirit and many company and team activities
- This is a full-time position (40 hours). Working part-time is an option in case you’re available for at least 32 hours.
We welcome candidates that enjoy working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary, groundbreaking technology environment where personal development and team cooperation are key to success, to make the impossible to possible for our customers.
Diversity in our teams is an important element to build an effective and challenging working environment. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement are the key values that we expect of all that are part of our community.