IT Support Intern
uniQure is dedicated to bringing innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function in uniQure is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working lives by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) by recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
Are you ready to embark on a fulfilling journey in the field of IT with us? Join our team at uniQure in Amsterdam and be part of a dynamic and innovative work environment. Make a difference, advance your skills, and thrive in an inclusive workplace that values your unique contributions.
Purpose of this role
The IT Application Engineer GXP plays an important role in supporting our organization with all IT related questions. You will be the face of IT within uniQure.
The intern (student) will act as the primary point of contact for end-users, striving to promptly resolve issues. Incident reports will be logged in the service management tool, ServiceNow, and analyzed to identify potential problems. When necessary, incidents will be referred to other handling groups. The student will also monitor the progress of outstanding incidents and update end-users on the status of their reports. Furthermore, the student will provide information on request procedures and the use of ICT resources, while verifying the legitimacy of requests.
Throughout the internship, the student will work towards the following learning objectives:
- Acquiring in-depth technical knowledge and skills related to IT tasks.
- Developing problem-solving abilities and the capacity to analyze technical issues.
- Enhancing communication skills in a professional work environment.
- Understanding the importance of IT security and compliance with guidelines.
- Gaining practical experience in project management and collaboration.
- Identifying and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Assisting in resolving network problems and optimizing performance.
- Additionally, the student will provide support through the helpdesk by assisting users with technical queries and issues, and registering, tracking, and resolving technical support tickets.
- The student will also be accountable for updating and maintaining technical documentation and manuals, as well as creating reports on completed tasks.
Skills & Experience Required
- IT education at a minimum of MBO-3 or MBO-4 level.
- Experience of at least 1 internship at an ICT service desk.
- Maximum travel time to the workplace: 45 minutes.
- Fluent in Dutch.
- Business Proficient in English.
Skills & Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL V3/4.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Experience with Windows/Mac OS systems.
- Availability for minimum of 32 hours per week.
- Eager to Learn