Process Engineering Manager
Place in the Organization
The Process Engineer Manager is responsible for leading both the process engineering and calibration departments at uniQure’s Amsterdam facility. The incumbent will act as the key decision maker implementing program enhancements and overseeing equipment onboarding and process improvements. The candidate will establish goals and priorities for their staff and act as the primary liaison between both internal customers and external service providers.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities)
- Represents department at cross functional meetings serving as the key stakeholder for all process engineering and calibration related topics.
- Drives necessary equipment, control system, and facility improvement projects, providing oversight of design, construction, testing, and turnover with responsibility for schedule, budget, and overall project performance.
- Provide technical input for product tech transfers, evaluation of process requirements versus facility capabilities.
- Provide technical support and analysis for the resolution of deviations, investigations, and process issues.
- Works independently to develop department procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Maintain team metrics related to on-time delivery and provide routine status updates to management.
- Perform goal setting and period performance reviews of direct reports in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Oversee site CapEx budget, purchases and installation
- S. in Chemical or Mechanical engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in a comparable position (similar type of work, similar group dynamics)
- Experience with pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical equipment commissioning, validation, and performance monitoring
- Proven experience and proficiency troubleshooting process and process support system issues.
- Must be familiar with process control system programming and operation.
- Able to reach, bend, lift 40 pounds, and use ladders to access equipment.
- Incumbent will be required to carry a cellular phone and be on call to support manufacturing operations.
- A valid driver’s license is required for travel to vendor and / or consultant offices.
- Travel to accommodate vendor visits, domestic and international may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and performing assignments that have loosely defined objectives which require investigation of numerous variables
- Ability to apply knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines to evaluate and develop solutions for operational issues
- Must be able to plan, coordinate, perform, and document work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and ability to learn additional applications as needed
- Must be able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.