Associate Director, Data Steward
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
As a Data Steward, you serve as the primary authority on data governance within our research organization. Your responsibilities include supporting seamless dataflow in laboratory e-systems, implementing a data governance management framework on the business side, and ensuring alignment with global data governance requirements. You will collaborate closely with data owners, guiding them in applying data governance requirements to facilitate their data workflow and decision-making processes. Additionally, you will coordinate with data stewards across the organization to enable enterprise-wide data management and sharing through data warehouses.
This role will involve working closely with data creators, owners, system administrators, data engineers, and data stewards in data science and IT architecture. You will be part of the e-systems team in the Netherlands, contributing to our global team's efforts in Utrecht, Princeton, and Copenhagen. Our team offers a dynamic and supportive environment, providing opportunities for personal development within Genmab's fast growing and developing environment.
- Applying and implementing existing data governance policies, guidelines, rules, and standards to ensure data confidentiality, integrity, and availability for specific data sets;
- Advocating for the adoption of data governance standards and processes across the organization;
- Collaborating with data owners, data science, system administrators, and IT to make recommendations and decisions on data storage, integration, middleware, backup, retention, and operational access management;
- Handling Data Interface Agreements to facilitate coordination between data owners and data consumers, ensuring data source tracking and archiving;
- Developing and maintaining metadata definitions, ontologies, applying FAIR principles, controlled vocabulary, and templates for key data assets;
- Supervising and ensuring data quality through regular assessments of data integrity within systems;
- Organizing training sessions for various stakeholders to ensure accurate and appropriate data capture and use;
- Managing incidents, changes, and requests related to the data in scope;
- Maintaining a comprehensive inventory of all data sources, both internal and external;
- Facilitating the digital archiving of data, especially in the case of external data sources.
To excel in this role, you should be goal-oriented with a proactive approach, thrive in a collaborative team environment, and inspire others with your enthusiasm. Additionally, you should meet the following professional requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in life science, engineering, computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or equivalent; wet lab experience is a plus;
- 6 - 8 years of experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a data governance framework, with a focus on modern data warehousing;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Pharmaceutical GxP and knowledge of Data Integrity, GAMP 5 & 21CFR Part 11;
- Hands-on experience with data preparation and governance tools like Alteryx, Trifacta, Collibra, Reltio, etc;
- Familiarity with analytical tools/platforms such as Databricks, Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS), native AWS services like Glue and Lambda, and experience with Snowflake is a plus;
- Expert knowledge of data architectures to support Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, and Data Mart implementations;
- A strong understanding of data modeling, especially in the context of life science and analytical value, and the ability to collaborate with data engineers to translate this into technical data models for storage and querying in a data repository;
- Effective communication skills for engaging with employees at all levels, from entry-level to senior leadership;
- Proficiency in Agile delivery management and DevOps principles;
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams on various projects and processes;
- The ability to provide oversight and guidance to external managed services providers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to continuous learning with a coaching mindset.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Founded in 1999 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Genmab is an innovative biotech company that has become a leader in antibody biology and innovation. Our product pipeline and next-generation antibody technologies are the result of our strong company culture, a deep passion for innovation, and desire to transform cancer treatment and serious diseases.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a warm, fun, dynamic community, and team up with some of the best, most authentic individuals in locations around the world, who care deeply and share in a relentless drive to innovate and create transformational medicines. People who are candid, impact-driven, and a little unconventional; who seek out and embrace the opportunity to build new and bold futures within a rapidly growing and innovative biotech company; who bring their full selves to work and show up for each other - rolling up their sleeves to get the job done. This translates into a place where you can be authentically you; are empowered to innovate, build solutions, and execute; feel cared for and supported in growth; and are a critical part of changing the lives of patients around the world through transformative cancer treatment.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.