Senior Data Engineer - Snowflake, Global Data & Analytics
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
We are looking for a hands-on, dedicated, and experienced Snowflake Data/Software Engineer to join our global data & analytics team. At Genmab, our global data & analytics team develops robust data engineering pipelines by applying industry best practices and ground breaking technology platforms The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and optimizing our company's data and data pipeline architecture in Snowflake. This role includes working with cross-functional teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Implement best practices for snowflake and promote user adoption across Genmab community.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in Snowflake and related data warehousing/ data management technologies.
- Act as a Snowflake administrator and ensure platform level SLAs are met.
- Implement advanced access controls in Snowflake and other related data management & operational systems.
- Facilitate implementing new features/ capabilities and drive MVPs in conjunction with business functions & platform leaders.
- Design & implement new software and Data Engineering applications in the Snowflake Environment
- Develop advanced Snowflake SQL and ETL code in support of Genmab’s Product delivery lifecycle.
- Collaborate with data/solution architects to design and implement scalable data models.
- Ensure data architecture supports the requirements of both data scientists and analysts.
- Guide our data warehousing capabilities towards best practices in data quality, integration, and utilization.
- Ensure secure handling and storage of data, collaborating with other IT and security teams.
- Foster a data-centric culture, mentoring team members, and driving data-focused initiatives.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies, assessing their applicability to our organization's goals.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, Software Engineer, Database Developer, or similar role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with snowflake
- Strong experience in SQL and familiarity with languages like Python or Java.
- In-depth understanding of Snowflake's cloud-based data storage and analytics solutions.
- Experience in working with cloud services like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude.
- Familiarity with data integration and orchestration tools like Apache Airflow, Talend, or similar.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company with a core purpose guiding its unstoppable team to strive towards improving the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics. For more than 20 years, its passionate, innovative and collaborative team has invented next-generation antibody technology platforms and leveraged translational research and data sciences, which has resulted in a proprietary pipeline including bispecific T-cell engagers, next-generation immune checkpoint modulators, effector function enhanced antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. To help develop and deliver novel antibody therapies to patients, Genmab has formed 20+ strategic partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. By 2030, Genmab’s vision is to transform the lives of people with cancer and other serious diseases with Knock-Your-Socks-Off (KYSO™) antibody medicines.
Established in 1999, Genmab is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with locations in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. and Tokyo, Japan.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website .
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.