Posted Date: Dec 13 2023
The Netherlands Compliance Officer is accountable for partnering with the Netherlands General Manager and senior leaders to enable the business to deliver commercial ambitions in a sustainable and compliant manner through influencing the right behaviors, driving the right accountability, and fostering the right leadership that embeds a compliance culture that protects the reputation of GSK and mitigates risk. He / she is responsible for compliance and risk management advice to the Commercial business in Netherlands and for mobilizing around the three key pillars of GSK Compliance: Predict, Protect, and Enable.
Please notice that it is important to speak fluently Dutch for this role.
- A member of the Netherlands Leadership Team
- Works with GSK leaders to ensure the effective implementation of a compliance programme within the Netherlands to prevent, detect, and correct violations of company policy, including continued embedding of enterprise risk mitigation programs, including Commercial Practices, Anti-bribery and Corruption, and Privacy.
- Partners with business leaders to proactively identify, evaluate and manage risks in accordance with GSK’s internal control framework and in a way that enables sustainable business growth.
- Ensures deployment of relevant corporate policies in a simple, clear, consistent, and timely fashion that enables business leaders to drive competitive performance.
- Facilitates the Netherlands Risk Management and Compliance Board (RMCB). Proactively promotes the RMCB to define effective risk management plans, integrating themes from investigations, monitoring, and auditing to provide oversight on execution of mitigation plans.
- Manages internal reporting and escalation of issues that the Netherlands may face (including GSK Speak Up).
- Partners with Corporate Investigations Team, HR and Legal to ensure reported concerns are promptly and thoroughly investigated, with suitable corrective and remediation action and discipline where appropriate.
- Implements global compliance programs by translating global requirements into local specifications, including any relevant training.
- Advises senior leaders in the business on risk associated with emerging business strategies and pragmatic options for risk mitigation and management; provides advisory services in relation to GSK Policies and Standard Operating Procedures in designated areas.
- Ensures that proper internal controls are in place and in use, including management monitoring and Key Risk Indicators.
- Supports the closure of local Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs) coming from internal audits, internal & external investigations, Independent Business Monitoring.
- Acts as a change leader for standardisation, where appropriate, to simplify the complexity of practices while maintaining adherence to GSK policy.
- University Degree (Bachelor or Master) in a specialization such as Business Administration, life sciences, Risk Management or Legal
- Significant Job experience in Compliance and / or Risk Management
- Languages: fluently speaking Dutch and English
- Extensive knowledge & experience with compliance and risk & control programmes and processes.
- Demonstrated effective risk management, process improvement, and/or project management skills.
- Able to communicate at a senior level.
- Project management skills to drive multiple initiatives across multiple departments simultaneously.
- Track record in providing high degree of self-reliance, accountability, and value-added consultation/support to senior business managers and other support functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organisation to work in accordance with company expectations.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in a highly matrixed organisation. .
- Maintains a high degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust especially around sensitive compliance issues.
- Superior listening skills, analytical ability to diagnose problems, resolve conflict and develop practical solutions.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.