Real World Evidence (RWE) Scientist - Belgium and The Netherlands
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The RWE Scientist (medical affairs) will contribute to the compendium of evidence in support of demonstrating the value of Lilly’s medicines across all business units and mainly focusing on data helping to obtain and keep reimbursement. The development of the RWE solutions is conducted in close collaboration with the affiliate cross-functional teams and should be aligned with the global and international strategy. The RWE Scientist provides expertise on HO/RWE methodology of research, epidemiology, effective project oversight and vendor management to ensure the successful fulfillment of local RWE projects.
The RWE Scientist will show business acumen, scientific, and communication capabilities.
She/he will be responsible for RWE activities in Belgium and the Netherlands and will report to the French Hub Executive Director Health Outcomes/RWE, based in France.
Primary responsibilities in Belgium and the Netherlands
Environmental Awareness, Customer Understanding and Best Practice Sharing
- Achieves strong understanding of external customers by:
- Identifying resources and databases for RWE studies.
- Establishing and maintaining a broad network with external partners with sources & stakeholders relevant to RWE (such as RWE platforms, Health Data Agency, KCE, hospital registries, ...).
- Maintaining awareness of significant developments in the local environment, including current RWE methodologies, data sources, current RWE regulations, and regulator/ payer requirements for RWE.
- Has the competence and skills to be the Lilly representative in the societal debate on the role of patient outcomes in clinical practice.
Evidence Strategy, Cross-Functional Leadership and Integration
- Being the internal coordinator between the different functions involved in RWE (e.g. medical affairs, Value, Evidence and Outcomes (VEO), local Price, Reimbursement & Access (PRA), etc …) and ensure the Lilly SOPs regarding RWE are respected.
- Disseminates global/international Lilly research to local functions to ensure integrated evidence generation in local plans.
- Works in close collaboration with local PRA and participates actively in the integration of RWD into the dossiers intended for health authorities.
- Ensures increasing internal awareness of the role of RWE.
Study Development, Execution and Oversight, incl. Third Party Organization management
- Applies technical expertise to generate and executes local real-world or health outcomes studies (e.g., all observational studies: database studies, chart reviews, patient preference DCE, patient/HCP surveys, prospective cohort studies, qualitative studies, etc).
- Ensure local RWE solutions are included in the Business Planning.
- Communicates regularly with the French HO/RWE scientists to be aware of projects planned and ongoing dossiers at the French level, think together how to replicate or mutualize projects.
- Leads dissemination of RWE information in appropriate scientific venues via development, preparation, and presentation of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts and effectively communicates on results with internal partners.
- Accountable for delivering the prioritized RWE research on time and on budget, ensuring study/ project budgets are realistic, quality is maintained and local standards are met.
- Effectively communicates status of RWE projects to key business partners to keep them informed of project status, budget implications, etc.
- Onboard and contract local vendors and manage payments.
- Manage local and global systems to document RWE.
- Scientific background (master degree), Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master’s degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g. epidemiology, pharmaco-economics, psychology, statistics, public health, or other relevant sciences) will generally be required.
- Expertise in epidemiology, Health Outcomes/RWE research methodology and statistics
- Knowledge of at least one of the healthcare systems (Belgium/Netherlands) and willingness to get understanding & expertise of the other healthcare system
- Able to translate medical /clinical needs in Health outcome related questions
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Strong communication skills and pro-active outreach to possible stakeholders
- Self-leadership, organizational and influence skills
- Strong in strategy
- Broad scientific interest
- Business acumen
- Willing to travel on a regular basis across both countries (Belgium & Netherlands)
- Team worker, able to get insights from the different teams and provide feedback and progress on the project
- Strong planning & project management skills
- Ability to think and act with a customer focus and a solution orientation
- Manage high workload including ability to manage and prioritize broad deliverables of a complex nature
- Proficiency in computer skills
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.