Biosciences Account Manager
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Within any team of Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll do important work and be valued and recognized for your performance. You’ll find the resources and chances to create contributions to the world, all with support of hardworking managers and encouraging co-workers.
As our new Biosciences Account Manager, you will directly impact our mission of making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer by selling our life science technologies and solutions to our (primarily) Academic customers for use in their life science research, including cell biology, protein biology, molecular biology and more.
You will bring value by applying your life science portfolio knowledge to propose the most suitable products and services for our customers, achieving your sales targets and quotas in the process.
This is a field-based sales role with a territory covering the central Netherlands region. You will be on the road, visiting your customers in person, c.4 days per week, with some overnight stays required. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home.
What will you do?
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully lead the sales of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, and special projects to develop appropriate selling skills
- Maintain and substantially increase current customer database through Company customer relationship management software (Salesforce CRM)
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization
- Work cross divisionally to identify and close new sales opportunities and work as one commercial team
- Coordinate quotations within Company Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase revenues with guidance from Management and/or Marketing
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Manage and close sales leads generated by colleagues in Marketing and Technical Support
Who we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in any life science (or equivalent working experience)
- Fluency in Dutch & advanced level of English (both essential)
- Some prior sales experience, preferably in Life Science industry OR scientific research experience coupled with a genuine desire to work in sales role
- Confident communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- A positive demeanor and desire to succeed
- Ability to manage time effectively to prioritize and complete tasks required
- A high degree of flexibility in adapting to a constantly evolving business environment
- Digital literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or similar programs required
- English (written and verbal)
- Valid driving licence
- Willing & able to travel within territory 4 days per week (on average), including some overnight stays
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus and company car
- Benefits package
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us . As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.