Lead QA Technician
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer! We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve sophisticated scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Job Title: Lead QA Technician
Reports To: Quality Manager
Group/Division: ThermoFisher Scientific / BioPharma Services Division
Career Band: 4
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: Bleiswijk, Netherlands
Number of Direct Reports 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Avg 40 hrs per week/ rotating 7 day/week shift pattern
Included in the daily responsibility, is supporting the implementation and maintenance of quality systems and ensuring that FBS NL adheres to all site applicable EU GMP, IGJ and other identified applicable regulations! Working a rotating 7 day a week shift pattern, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance to the Quality Management System and to provide support to the Quality Manager where required.
- SOP Management, including Document Control as Coordinator on eDMS
- Reviewing and where required, approving Trackwise QRs
- Reviewing and where appropriate approving draft operational documentation
- Performing Quality review of change controls
- Responsible for status control of products/material
- Manages items and content on SFLMS
- Performing Supplier assessment
- Assures compliance to company QMS and any other applicable regulations/standards
- Assures compliance to EU GMP and IGJ regulations to ensure retention of site licenses
- Performs required duties as an approved Archivist
- Performs verification as the need arises.
- Supports Client audits and Internal Audit Programs where required
- Delivers training and performs competency assessments for other QA staff
- Checking completed operational documentation for ALCOA+ and adherence to Good Documentation Practices, where appropriate Quality approving documentation.
- Performs QA related tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager
- Performs QC functions as the need arises.
- Travels as the need arises.
- May be required to perform off site work where as the need arises.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subjects and/or has at least 1 years GMP experience
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret general procedures and government regulations
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to optimally present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and inspectors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area and volume
- Good computer knowledge, proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to acquire knowledge and master all clinical trial database systems
- Good verbal and written communication
- Builds good working relationships with other employees and external individuals.
- Able to work under pressure and to support others within the team
- Employment is subject to 10 year history screening for criminal records, qualifications, previous employment and credit history – Thermo Fisher Scientific have the right not to employ people failing to meet the standards required
- This position functions in a repository environment, which may include working with dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents as well as marked changes in temperature
- Proficient in English
Although not essential, the following would be preferable:
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Live no more than 30 minutes driving time from the facility