Technical Support Internship
Technical Support Internship
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have built an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will contribute to improving Worldwide product serviceability, learn how our organization runs and will gain valuable insight that can further enhance your curiosity about your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team and if you have a strong desire to always put the customer first, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you the opportunity to work in the Global Technical Support Organization and support products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Summary of Internship
The Internship positions provide an opportunity for engineering and science students to get hands on experience in a manufacturing & service environment.
Internship opportunities within Service include:
- Product development
- Technical Support
- Structured problem analysis
- Continuous Improvement
Hiring Location: Eindhoven, NL
- Become familiar with the processes required to support continuous improvement projects
- Collaborate with Operations and R&D teams to complete actions effectively
- Collaborate with team members in service and operations to create supporting documentation
- Accept feedback and look for areas of improvements
Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science field
- Preferred majors: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Industrial & Systems Engineering, or other related engineering/science major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in service/manufacturing/operations
- Leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Desire to teach other specialists about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with 3D CAD drawing SW like: Autocad or SolidWorks